- 26% of all adults in the UK are classified as inactive (undertaking less than 30 minutes of physical activity a week)
- The latest statistics show that more than half of the UK population- 65% of men and 58% women are overweight or obese. This is a combination of eating more calories than needed, leading a sedentary life and adopting bad habits.
- Daily physical activity reduces stress, depression and boosts confidence and self-esteem.
- Exercise also helps to reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes type 2, osteoporosis, among others.
- Adults over 30s start to lose muscle mass and function as much as 3% to 5% of muscle mass each decade (this is called sarcopenia). To prevent or decrease this, it is important to exercise regularly, increase dietary protein and increase omega 3 and vitamin D intake.
A personal trainer helps you to set and achieve your health goals and helps you to keep on track. Goals need to be SMART and a personal trainer can help you with motivation and accountability. Here are some ideas for your next goal:
Endurance training is the act of undertaking exercises to increase durability, combining strength and cardio will challenge your cardiovascular system along with your heart. Doing high concentrated lifting at a rapid pace will not only develop your strength but will increase your endurance. Switching up your routine will also benefit you since the human body gets used to a workout after two weeks.
Changing Lifestyles/Healthy Eating:
Change doesn’t appear overnight it takes a lot of motivation and dedication and that’s what the holistic workshop is here to help you with. By restocking your fridge and cupboards with fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins, by doing so you cannot go back to your old unhealthy diet. A weekly meal prep will help to keep you on track with your food intake.
Increasing Energy Levels
By eating fruit, starchy foods, dairy products, and other non-dairy sources of protein can help banish tiredness and energise your body. Making sure that you keep your body hydrated by drinking plenty of water. This will improve your digestion, productivity and your well being on a day to day basis.
See tips on how personal training works HERE